Ministers & Staff
To read more about our ministers, click here.
To read more about our operations team, click here.
To read more about our programs team, click here.
To read more about our worship arts team, click here.
For our 2015-2016 Staff Organizational Chart, click here.
Rev. Justin Schroeder, Senior Minister
Rev. Jen Crow, Executive Minister
Rev. Ruth MacKenzie, Minister
Rev. Elaine Aron Tenbrink, Minister
Staff (by area)
For staff bios and contact information, see links above
Jenn Stromberg, Communications Manager
Tracy Van Epps, Facilities Manager
Tim Ewing, Senior Custodian
Richard Thomas, Custodian
Robert Frost III, Sound Operator
Sandy DiNanni, Membership Support Staff
Bree Mattson, Operations Manager
Brad Schmidt, Accountant
Andrea Love, Finance Specialist
Chelsea Bertsch, Administrative Assistant
Lauren Wyeth, Director of Children, Youth and Family Ministries
Emma Stout, Coming of Age Program Assistant
Dr. Randal Buikema, Director of Choral Arts
Dr. Jerrod Wendland, Pianist
First Universalist Church: Staff Covenant of Good Relations
As the staff of First Universalist Church, we ground all that we do in Unitarian Universalist values as we work with one another, the congregation, and the larger community. Together, called to be Love’s people in the world, we covenant to do holy work:
We welcome, affirm, and protect the light in each human heart, creating a staff culture of mutual respect, trust, and care. We:
• Act with kindness and compassion toward one another.
• Invite each other to lead with “our best selves.”
• Are brave and honest in our communications: ask for what we need and practice active listening; acknowledge that we and others will make mistakes; address conflict directly; and stay engaged in the process of reconciliation with each other.
• Remember that we’re all serving the same people; act collaboratively and across program areas; share important information and decisions with each other to best serve each other and the church.
We dream and act boldly inside and outside our walls, creating a staff culture of creative and courageous ideas. We:
• Lovingly challenge each other to think outside the box.
• Give ourselves permission to experiment and be creative in our work.
We listen with our whole being to where Love is calling us next, creating a staff culture of spiritual practice. We:
• Practice gratitude, honoring the efforts and contributions of others.
• Practice forgiveness.
• Practice good self-care, and practice caring for one another.
• Practice being in “right relationship” with one another as a model and framework for our work and for the congregation.