1. Decide your level of commitment.
- Your gift is important! It takes all of us to fund the work of the church, and we strive for 100% participation each year. If you are a part of this community, we want to hear from you!
- Average annual support per individual/family is $139 per month, or $1,668 per year. Some give $50 per month.
Some give $1,000 per month. It varies! We have a Generosity Calculator to assist you in thinking through questions related to giving. The Unitarian Universalist Association also puts out a contribution guide that may help you in your decision making.
- Choose the gift amount (and frequency) that works for your financial situation and reflects the value and importance of First Universalist Church in your life.
2. Choose your method.
- Online/electronic: Set up your gift—via checking or savings account (preferred) or credit card—HERE.
- Card*/electronic: Fill out the paper card and request that church staff set up automatic electronic payments for you.
- Card*/Cash or Check: Fill out the paper card and pay with cash or check (including automatic bill pay through your bank). Bring your contribution to church or mail it in. We have envelopes in the sanctuary and church office you can use to record cash contributions. If you wish to donate stocks, it is important that you notify Andrea Love at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Cards for 2018–19 will be available to pick up at church beginning March 4, 2018. You will also be able to download a card from our website (here) to print at home when they become available.
3. Opt to make it ongoing!
Help us simplify the process of annual giving in the future by opting in to make your gift ongoing. To do so:
- Online: set your gift end date to Dec. 31, 2030*
- Card: check the “continue payments” box
* Our system does not support indefinitely continuing payments; we must set an end date when entering a gift. We know that offering the option to continue payments is important. Right now, this is the best way we have to do so. This does not obligate you to make payments through 2030.