Please note: because our 2017-18 annual pledge drive is being run alongside our capital campaign, we are asking that all pledges be made in person rather than online. The online pledging feature outlined below has been temporarily disabled. Please scroll down for information about paying your pledge online.
How to Pledge Online
1) Begin by logging into MyFirstU. (Don’t have an account? Go to the AccessACS login page and then click the button at the bottom that says “Need a login? Click here.” and fill out the form. Click here for further login and account set up instructions.)
2) From the home screen, click the green button at the bottom of the page that says “Pledge Now.” [Figure A]
3) You should now see a screen titled “Add Pledge.” First, enter the amount you’d like to give per period, NOT the total annual amount.
- Example: If you are pledging $25/month, enter $25.00 into the “I pledge” box, then select “Pledge” from the “Select a fund” menu, then select “Monthly” from the “Select the frequency” menu. [Figures B & C]
- Example: If you are planning to make a single pledge payment of $500, you would enter $500 and select “One Time” for the frequency.
4) No matter what frequency you choose, make sure that you see the correct total annual amount on the next line where it says “for a total pledge of $____.” [Figure D]
5) Next, select the dates: these should be the same for everyone. Make the first date 7/1/2016 and the second date 6/30/2017. You can either type these in or click the calendar symbols and select the dates from there. (Why these dates? These are the dates for our church fiscal year. Please only select these dates). [Figure E]
6) Now, review that all your information is correct: the amount per period, the fund (this should be “Pledge” for everyone), the frequency, and the dates (7/1/2016 until 6/30/2017).
7) Now, from here you can choose to “Save” or “Save and Setup Online Gift.” You can choose to simply “Save” and pay by cash, check, or another method. If you want to also pay your pledge online, select “Save and Setup Online Gift.” [Figure F] Please note: our system does NOT show you a confirmation screen after you click “Save.” Please be assured that your pledge has been successfully submitted once you click “Save” (or “Save and Setup Online Gift”).
How to Pay Your Pledge Online
1) After selecting “Save and Setup Online Gift” you should be taken to a screen that says My Scheduled Giving. The information on the top half of the page should already be filled in. On the “Frequency” line, you will need to decide which day of the month or week you want your auto-payments to occur on.
Example: If you selected “Every Two Weeks” for the frequency of your pledge, select the day of the week you want your payment to occur on. If you selected “Monthly” for the frequency, select the day of the month [Figure G].
(Note: You can also get to this screen from the home screen by selecting “Giving” from the top of the screen and then “My Scheduled Giving” from the drop down menu.)
2) Confirm that the amount, type of gift (Pledge), Frequency, Day of the payment, and date(s) are correct.
3) Enter your financial information under Payment details.
If you have a saved account: you can select your previous account from the “Account” drop down menu, and then “Schedule Gift” to finish. Or you can choose to “Add a New Payment Method” to add a new account. Go to the next step for further instructions.
4) If you are entering new financial information: Begin by giving your account a ‘nickname.’ It is recommended that you title it something that differentiates it from other accounts you have and includes the date you are entering it. [Figure H refers to this and the following steps]
Example: You are entering a new checking account on March 1, 2016. Give it a nickname like “Personal 3/1/16” or “New Account 3/1/16.”
5) Select the Account Type: Credit/Debit, Checking or Savings.
Credit/Debit: Enter the Account Number, the Expiration Date, and the exact name on your card for the “Billing Name.”
Checking or Savings: Enter your Account and Routing Numbers. Please note that the Account Number box is listed first.
6) Enter your Billing Name and your Billing Address if it is not automatically generated.
7) Enter your email address or make sure that the one listed is current. This is where you will receive an email confirmation of your gift.
8) Check the “I am not a robot” box.
9) Select “Schedule Gift” to complete your payment.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully set up an online contribution.
For questions, please contact Andrea Love at email@example.com.
Thank your for your generosity!